Floor Cleaner will help make mopping the floors a breeze!
Lightly scented with Lemon for fresh fragrance, which also helps to cut through dirt and grubby marks.
Made with natural ingredients and essential oils.
No synthetic detergent agents, synthetic preservatives, chemicals, fragrances or other nasty endocrine disruptors, neurotoxins or immunotoxins. Safe on the environment.
The 450g brushed stainless steel bottle will look gorgeous in any laundry cupboard.
Other sizes available: 1 and 2 Litre refill bottles, brushed stainless steel to refill either this stainless steel pump bottle or your own bottles.
The stainless steel bottles will last forever without fear of breaking, retaining their elegance and beauty, and when you are done, it will be 100% recyclable (you can return to us or take to your metal recyclers).
It costs a little bit more to buy the bottles, but once you replace the bottles in your kitchen, bathroom and laundry with our Zero.Refill bottles, you will never buy another bottle again!
See the tab "Which Bottle" to decide what you need.
Please read T&C's tab before buying refill bottles.
"When you make yourself into Zero, your power becomes invincible" Mahatma Gandhi
All proper Soaps are made using Sodium Hydroxide or Potassium Hydroxide. This saponifies during the process with the oils and water and by the time your soap is a hard bar or finished liquid soap, the Sodium or Potassium Hydroxide has evaporated from the soap and has turned into bi products including glycerine.
Another name for the combination of Sodium or Potassium Hydroxide and Water is called Lye, or you will see it as "Saponified Oils".
A soap made without lye is made with either animal products like Tallow or a combination of detergents, surfactants and emollients from laboratory produced synthetics. Technically, it does not therefore meet the definition of soap.
People are sometimes worried about Sodium and Potassium Hydroxide. In a properly made soap it is completely absent from the soap once you buy it. We are actually not required to disclose lye, or sodium hydroxide as an ingredient because it is no longer in the finished product, however Kahuku believes in full disclosure.
Sodium Hydroxide can actually be found in food, as it is used in curing processes, and also adds "crunch" to some products like Pretzels.
Kahuku Products are free from animal products, detergents, and synthetically produced ingredients.
Our soaps do not contain nasty ingredients which are allergens, neurotoxins, immunotoxiins, endocrine disruptors and just plain not good for you! We encourage you to rid your laundry and bathroom of products containing these:
Benzyl Alcohol: A synthetic chemical used as a preservative. A neurotoxin, allergen and immunotoxin. Best avoided.
Benzyl Benzoate: A synthetic chemical. Associated with endocrine disruption and possible neurotoxin. Wildlife and environmental toxicity. Caution advised. Derived from petroleum.
Benzalkonium Chloride: Petroleum derived, used as a preservative. Allergen of the Year 2004, suspected respiratory, liver, immuno and neuro toxin. Best avoided.
Cocamide DEA/MEA: Petroleum derived. Considered a carcinogenic, immunotoxin. Best avoided.
Cocamidopropyl betaine/CAPB: Derived from coconut or petroleum. Immunotoxin, very high risk of allergy. Best avoided.
Limonene: Plant derived, however considered a skin, eye and lung irritant. Wildlife and environmental toxin. Caution advised.
Parfum/Fragrance: Allergen, immuno and neurotoxin. Synthetic chemical. Some preservatives are allowed to be called Fragrance and companies use this to disguise preservatives. Considered best avoided.
PEG compounds: Petroleum derived. Considered allergen. Best avoided.
Phthalates: Petroleum derived. Banned in the EU. Linked to birth defects, damage to reproductive systems, endocrine, liver, kidney, developmental systems, immuno and neuro toxin, wildlife and environmental toxicity. Avoid!
Sodium Benzoate: Causes contact dermatitis, may damage DNA, neurotoxin, suspected damaging to cardiovascular, gatrointestinal, liver, kidneys and nervous systems. Derived from petroleum. Used as a preservative. Considered best avoided.
Sodium Metasilicate/Sodium Silicate: Derived from synthetic or mineral. Suspected liver toxicity. Caution advised.
Sodium laureth sulphates/SLES/Ether Sulphates: May be palm or petroleum derived. Skin allergen. Best avoided
Tetrasodium EDTA/EDTA/Edetic Acid and other similar names: Derived from petroleum, used as preservative. Caution advised.
Above classifications are taken from "Chemical Maze"
Kahuku is committed to keeping our shipping costs as low as we can.
We are further committed to the environment, waste, and sustainability. This means we will not use courier bags, plastic wrap or cushioning, tape or any other non biodegradable product.
Our shipping costs are flat across all New Zealand as follows:
Bars of Soap
Small Soap Box (1 Bar Soap) $5
Medium Soap Box (2-12 Bars Soap) $6
Large Soap Box (13-24 Bars Soap) $9
1-2 Bottles North Island $10 South Island $15
3-4 Bottles North Island $15 South Island $25
5+ Bottles North Island $25 South Island $40
No charge for returning the Zero.Refill bottles!
When ordering, we ask you to try to reduce the footprint created by shipping, and order multiple items.
If you are buying a 1 or 2 litre refill bottle please be aware that these are used over and over and therefore may not be in pristine new condition. This will only be aesthetic, they will be fully functional, sterilised and safe to use.
When returning refill bottles to us:
1. Bottles must be returned in usable condition for full credit. Minor scratches, or dents which do not affect integrity of the bottle are acceptable.
2. Bottles must be returned with their caps.
3. Please rinse out the bottles before returning.
4. Please use the box the bottles were sent to you in. This lowers the environmental impact and footprint of this service.
5. If you need to order before returning bottles you will need to pay for the bottles again. When you return bottles without ordering you will get a store credit for the value of the bottle as follows:
No cash refunds will be given.
6. You do not have to return a bottle labelled with the same product you are ordering, but you must return a bottle of the same size.
eg: You have a 1L Handwash bottle - you can purchase any other 1L product
You cannot return a 1L bottle and order a 2L bottle for the same price. You can however get a store credit on a 1L and use it to upgrade to a 2L.
7. When ordering a return ticket, you must order 1 ticket per bottle returning. You will only receive one actual ticket per box* but this enables us to calculate correct shipping dimensions and weights for NZ Post. *2 bottles per box.
8. If you no longer have the box we sent the goods in, you need to adequately protect the bottles (bags are not acceptable) by packing in a suitable box and send us the correct measurements and weight.
9. Orders will not be despatched until an equal number of bottles in matching sizes have been returned, unless you purchase a new set of bottles with your order and obtain a store credit when you return the bottles.
10. Store credits may only be used against the cost of bottles and may not be used for the liquids the bottles contain, or for any other products such as, but not limited to, hard bar soaps.
11. Your stainless steel bottle can last almost a lifetime if you look after it. Our program is designed to reduce the impact of consumer goods on our Earth, and reduce landfill. Please do not dispose of these bottles in landfill. They are 100% reusable many times over, and at end of life, 100% recyclable. Please return to us for recycling or take to your local metal recyclers.
12. We give the bottles a 10 year life. This does not include the triggers or pumps.
It costs a little bit more to buy the bottles, but once you replace the bottles in your kitchen, bathroom and laundry with our Zero.Refill bottles, you won’t buy another bottle again for many years to come!
The 450ml bottle comes with a stainless steel pump/trigger. You can refill it at home. It is not returnable for refill (but you can always take it into one of stockists and refill it!)
1 Litre and 2L sizes are returnable for refill under our Zero.Refill program (remember return freight is free of charge).
How to select correct option: (If buying Refills please note bottles may not be new - see T&C tab for conditions)
450 ml Bottles: Stainless Steel bottle with pump. Not returnable for refill (you can refill them at home). Contains the Liquid Soap.
1 Litre + Bottle: Stainless Steel bottle containing the liquid soap, first time purchase, or if you are not returning a bottle yet. Can be returned for refill. (See T&C tab)
2 Litre + Bottle: Stainless Steel bottle containing the liquid soap, first time purchase, or if you are not returning a bottle yet. Can be returned for refill. (See T&C tab)
1 Litre Refill: Stainless Steel bottle containing the liquid soap. When you have previously purchased and will be returning a 1L bottle to us, you can order liquid only so you will not pay for the bottle again. You need to order a return label also (no charge). Your order will be held until we receive the bottles back, and then it will be released for delivery. Can be returned for refill. (See T&C tab)
2 Litre Refill: Stainless Steel bottle containing the liquid soap. When you have previously purchased and will be returning a 2L bottle to us, you can order liquid only so you will not pay for the bottle again. You need to order a return label also (no charge). Your order will be held until we receive the bottles back, and then it will be released for delivery. Can be returned for refill. (See T&C tab)
"When you make yourself into Zero, your power becomes invincible" Mahatma Gandhi